“To evangelize the soul, disciple the person, educate the mind, heal the body and restore the land for the people of Haiti.”
BHM has chosen the following values to guide our ministry:
- The power and effectiveness of prayer
- Live and work with a servant attitude
- Keep high accountability to God and partners in ministry
- Continually pursue good stewardship
- Value the equality of man
- Bond professional will and personal humility
- The people of Haiti will come to know Jesus Christ as personal Savior
- Christians would know God’s Word and become Christ-like disciples
- Churches and schools within Haiti would continue to be an effective witness
- God continues to bless the ministries of the Baptist Haiti Mission
- Our staff would be unified and effective in their ministries
- The country would experience peace
Statement of Faith:
We are committed in all we do to Christ and to the Bible, the Word of God, which remain as our foundation.
- We believe the Bible, to be God inspired and infallible Word, authoritative for all faith and life.
- We believe there is one God, personal, infinite, perfect, and eternally existing as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe Jesus Christ is truly God and truly man, was born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, provided substitution sacrifice for lost man, and rose from the grave.
- We believe the Holy Spirit is a divine person and works in conviction of men and in the regeneration, sanctification, and preservation of the believer.
- We believe God directly created the universe from no pre-existing substance. We reject both naturalistic and theistic evolution.
- We believe Satan is a fallen, created personality, opposed to all that is holy and destined for eternal punishment.
- We believe man was made in God’s own image and fell into sin in Adam and is now a sinner both by nature and by choice. Man can be restored to God’s favor only by God’s provision in Christ as applied by the Holy Spirit.
- We believe God’s provision in Christ is the only ground for man’s justification, which includes pardon from sin and the gift of eternal life.
- We believe salvation comes to a man only by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, apart from any human merit.
- We believe all those who have experienced salvation are members of the “church, which is His body” and thus are eligible for baptism and membership in the local church.
- We believe baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances of the church.
- We believe Jesus Christ is the Head of the church and every local church has the right under Christ to govern itself.
- We believe every believer is eternally secure, being “kept by the power of God.”
- We believe all persons will experience resurrection, believers to a state of eternal felicity and unbelievers to eternal punishment.
- We believe the return of Christ includes both the rapture of the church and His return in glory. The first is for His church, which is personal, pre-tribulational, pre-millennial and may occur at any moment. The second is His return to earth to establish His righteous reign over the earth. This coming is visible, personal, pre-millennial and in power and great glory.
- We believe civil government is by divine appointment and separation between it and the church should be maintained.