BHM seeks to improve standards of education, teacher training, and teaching methods in its schools throughout Haiti, while it monitors and measures student learning.
- Education is a basic human necessity.
- Only about 30% of Haitian children begin school and of the 30%, only 2% stay in school beyond the 5th grade.
- Teachers in Haiti are gernerally poorly trained and equipped.
- Schools and classrooms are overcrowded.
The younger generation in Haiti is the moving force; therefore, education and spiritual training for young people is one of the highest priorities.
In Haiti, generations of families have gone without any education. This continuing situation contributes to the country’s poor health, low economic production, and inability to compete in the global economy. For those who go to school, education often brings both stability and opportunity. The ability to read also means the opportunity to study and understand God’s Word.
Child Sponsorship Program: Children are a high priority at BHM. The Child Sponsorship Program gives them opportunity and hope. Children in BHM sponsored schools receive a variety of materials such as their school uniform, one meal a day, tuition fees and vaccinations for preschool children.
Building Schools: This program has primarily focused on building schools connected with local churches. With hopes to continue this through donations and visiting construction teams. Supplying BHM schools with benches and desks is a full-time job for a crew of carpenters as well.
Training Teachers: Through partnerships with different organizations BHM continually encourages teacher trainings. This training seeks to help teachers understand how children learn and develop. These trainings also instructs in interactive learning techniques, participatory classroom activities, and creative methodology.
- Consider Child Sponsorship.
- Contact us and see if you or a team you know would be equipped to assist in any of our teacher training and development.
- Pray for the children of Haiti. Pray that the LORD will place Christian teachers in the schools that will train the children to think with a biblical worldview.