“All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the LORD, and all the families of the nations shall worship before you.”
We appreciate your interest in serving with Baptist Haiti Mission. Whether you are single, a father of 4, or husband and wife we have a place for you at BHM. The ministry of BHM seeks to assist the country in a variety of ways. Many of our full-time missionaries participated in short-term and long-term trips before committing to serve the Lord in Haiti. We desire to provide you with a variety of ways to Engage, Serve, and Discover Haiti. After reading the information below, please fill out the form that best applies to your situation. Submit your information upon completion and we will begin corresponding with you very soon!
Frequently Asked Questions
Short-Term Missionary Partners
How long would I spend in Haiti?
- Short-term trips last 1-2 weeks.
In what ways would I serve if I worked alongside BHM?
- BHM seeks to serve Haiti in several ways. A majority of our work is done through the local churches and schools. The specific needs of BHM change on a fairly regular basis, but the goal remains the same; to see the name of Christ clearly displayed throughout the country. Our Missionary Partners (MP’s) could have the opportunity to assist in serving the local church and coming alongside the missionaries of BHM. Each trip can be planned according to the skills and interest of the MP’s. Contact us and we will begin to explore how you can come and Engage, Serve, and Discover Haiti.
What are my expenses?
- Housing, Utilities, Evening Meals- $15 per person (per day)
- Daily transportation- $80 per person (this covers the entire course of your stay)
Where would I sleep and what would I eat?
- We have a variety of different housing accommodations at BHM. Sheets, blankets, pillows, pillowcases, towels, and washcloths are provided for the MP’s. Our electricity is the same as North America, 110 volts. Water is one of the limited resources of Haiti and we ask that it be used sparingly. Please bring enough clothing in order that laundry will not be a need.
- Breakfast and Lunch for MP’s is their responsibility. You can bring in these food items or you may purchase them once you arrive. The evening meal will be provided. There is a restaurant on the mission open for lunch Tuesday through Saturday. Filtered water is available and bottled water can be purchased if you prefer.