“And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”
Thank you for your interest in being a part of a short-term mission experience to serve alongside Baptist Haiti Mission. In planning for your trip there are many details to be worked out. Below we have listed some general information about BHM short-term mission experiences. After reading the information, please fill out the form for teams. Submit this form upon completion and we will begin our correspondence with you to ensure that you and your team have a wonderful experience as you follow the Lord’s call seeking to Engage, Serve, and Discover Haiti.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Opportunities for short-term teams vary based on skill, preference, and the present work of the mission. Some opportunities for teams consist of construction and rebuilding homes after the earthquake. There are opportunities to partner with a church in Haiti for training and assisting present needs. You can assist with needs on the property of Baptist Haiti Mission. Specific opportunities for short-term trips can be discussed when you Contact Us. We request you keep your hearts open for the variety of ways the Lord will work in and through you during your time in Haiti.
How many people make a team?
- We request that teams be composed of a maximum of 10-12 people. Team members should be entering their senior year of High School or older.
How long are the short-term mission experiences?
- The typical length of a short-term trip is 7-10 days.
What are the expenses for this trip?
- Housing, Utilities, Evening Meal – $15 a day
- Daily Transportation- $80 per person (For the entirety of the week)
- Project Fund – $200 per person. We ask that every team raise $200 per person to contribute to the materials needed for their projects.
*Note: After the earthquake construction teams have traveled to Haiti to rebuild homes for Haitian families. The cost per house is $4,000. If your team is participating in a construction project to rebuild a home we ask that your team raise the money for the cost of the house instead of the $200 per person.
Where do I sleep and what do I eat?
- Sheets, blankets, pillows, pillowcases, towels, and washcloths are provided for teams. Team housing has electric from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Our electricity is the same as North America, 110 volts. Water is one of the limited resources of Haiti and we ask that it be used sparingly. Bring enough clothing so you will not have to do laundry.
- Breakfast and Lunch for teams are the responsibility of the team. You can bring in these food items or you may purchase them once you arrive. The evening meal will be provided. There is a restaurant on the mission open for lunch Tuesday through Saturday. Filtered water is available and bottled water can be purchased if you prefer.